Michael J. Settle
Master of Science in Human Performance and Nutrition, August 2019
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, August 2016
Northern Illinois University
Associate in Arts, August 2014
College of Dupage
USAW, FST Level 1, FIRST AID/CPR/AED. Captain for College of Dupage Football, Captain for Carthage College Football, 2 Year Captain for Glenbard East Football, 2 Year Captain for Glenbard East Wrestling.
Strength and Conditioning Experience
Glenbard East High School, Assistant Varsity Football Coach, Lombard, IL
February 2015 – Present
- Design and run the offseason strength and conditioning program.
- Assist in play design and play calling.
- Breakdown and review the game film before and after the game.
- Work with defense and special teams.
Michael Johnson Performance, Performance Specialist, McKinney, TX
August 2017 – November 2017
- Assist in running the youth programs for the travel and club teams.
- Teach proper technique and form with running, lifting and plyometrics.
- Assist in assessing each athlete’s speed, power, and endurance output.
- Analyzing data and measurements before and after each athlete’s session.
- Talk with athletes and parents about proper nutrition and recovery techniques.
- Set up and run recovery techniques and stations for athletes before and after tournaments and games.
Kent State University, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, Kent, OH
August 2016 – August 2016
- Assist in coaching the proper lifting technique to the athletes in the weight room.
- Assist the head of football operations in daily tasks to help the football program.
- Create and prepare snacks, cherry juice and Gatorade for players during and after practice.
- Roll out and stretch players before and after lifts and practice.
Create a recovery circuit for the team and walk them through each step.
University of South Carolina, Strength and Conditioning Intern, Columbia, SC
May 2016 – July 2016
- Assist with spotting and changing the weights during the lift.
- Assist nutrition with the supplementation of all athletes.
- Assist in the design of workouts for injured athletes of athletes coming off the injury.
- Assist in running a high school and kids football camps.
- Record and update numbers, mark system and weights of players.
- Keep up with the maintenance of the weight room keeping it clean and organized.
Northwestern Football, Sports Performance Intern, Evanston, IL
June 2015 – July 2015
- Record and analyze lift and run numbers to prepare for the next lift.
- Assist with technique and form during lifts to prevent injury.
- Set up and break down before and after lifts.
Coastal Carolina University, Strength & Conditioning Intern, Conway, SC
August 2014 – December 2014
- Worked with a diversity of different athletes in a variety of sports teams including Football and Baseball.
- Utilized knowledge to stretch, hydrate, and help hit target weight for athletes.
- Organized performance and fitness testing; Recorded performance data.
Informed the student-athletes on how to properly maintain nutrition and health.
Bo Jackson’s Elite, Sports Performance Coach, Lockport, IL
December 2014 – March 2017
- Created workout routines for children, ages 6-18 years old.
- Help design and run football and baseball camps for kids 6-18 years old.
- Help run combines set-up for college scouts.
- Informed and explained how to perform each lift or plyometric exercise to every trainee.
- Taught nutrition and the importance of rest and recovery to the trainees.
Fit Speed Sports Performance Coach, Aurora, Illinois
October 2016 – August 2017
- Assist in program design for youth level to professional level athletes.
- Run recovery stations for the athletes before or after workouts.
- Take athletes through workouts and instruct on proper technique.
- Communicate with physical therapists on how the athletes in rehab are doing.
Lifetime Fitness Personal Trainer, Vernon Hills, Illinois
October 2016 – March 2017
- Program design specifically for my client’s needs and necessities.
Advise my clients or members of Lifetime on nutritional supplements or products.
- Run group fitness classes tailored to weight loss and advanced weightlifters.
- Maintain machines and treadmills.
- Teach classes for members during our weight loss challenges.
Athletico Physical Therapy, Addison, Illinois
October 2015 – May 2016
- Carry about the patient’s workouts and guide them through correct form, sets, and reps.
- Set up ice, heat, game ready machine or any other recovery set up at the end of the patient’s session.
- Help patients with any questions or concerns regarding their insurance and or health benefits.
- Design workout plans for recovering patients and take them through workouts on the fitness floor.
Acceleration Sports Performance Coach, Naperville, Illinois
February 2014 – June 2014
- Help athletes build and strengthen muscle mass and endurance.
- Trained athletes with plyometric techniques in-order to improve power and explosiveness.
- Maximized the athlete’s flexibility by using various types of stretches.